Saturday, March 26, 2011

drawing of my hands

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?

It was a little difficult using my hand as the subject because I had to remember to keep it still and try not to move it. I ended up having to start over twice because I moved my hand and it wasnt in the same position anymore. I also found it interesting because I never looked at my hands so closely. It was a little weird scrutinizing how they actually look.

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?

I chose charcoal pencil because I thought it would be easier to shade and it would turn out better. Personally, I prefer using charcoal over graphite pencils because overall i think the pictures look less like just lines and more like a drawing.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?

Personally, I thought it was annoying. I just wanted to switch hands. It was an awkward feeling because I never use my left hand for things like this. It felt very uncomfortable.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?

My drawing with my right hand (dominant hand) was closer to the accurite size of my hand. It also took longer to draw. The drawing with my left hand (non dominant) was a lot bigger and not as proportionate. Also the lines inside my hand are darker because it was harder to control how hard i pressed down.

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?

Overall, I did a lot better than I thought I would do. I am horrible writing with my left land so I thought this drawing would come out really bad, but compared to my other drawing it actually wasnt as bad as I thought. Although I didnt do horrible, I dont think I would draw again with my left hand by choice. It was too annoying and I couldnt wait to finish. that drawing.

Drawing with my right hand (DOMINANT) of my left hand (NON-DOMINANT):



Drawing with my left hand (NON-DOMINANT) of my right hand (DOMINANT):

No comments:

Post a Comment