Friday, March 4, 2011

peer review

http://artinquiries.blogspot.com/
http://monicawhite420.blogspot.com/

2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

I reviewed Stephanie's and Monica's projects. They both did a great job. Stephanie's pictures were of everyday items which I found very interesting. Her icicle picture that she used for harmony was very impressive. I definetly agree with her choice for that one. I also agreed with the dead end picture she used for rhythm. I also found it balanced and symmetrical! The form picture was also interesting to look at. I also found value could have been used for that picture as well.

Monica's pictures were also interesting because they were from travles that she must have taken. The hot air balloon picture she used for emphasis was beautiful. It really emphasized the balloon because of all the empty space around it. The hummingbird picture also showed movement very well because of the fluttering wings.The cat picture for shape was also well thought out. I also found emphasis on the cats bright blue eyes. It is so cute!!

3. When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?

In Stephanie's project of the art gallery, the only exhibit that we both used was the exhibit of Paul Pfeiffer and the Stanley Cup. Her reasoning was very similar to mine. We both love hockey and made a connection with it.

Monica and I both used Claude Monet's "The Tow-Path at Argenteuil." We both chose it because it made an impression and inspired us. We both found the use of color and lines intriquing.

4. Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?

Many of the pictures really caught my eye. My favorites were the icicle picture in Stephanie's and Monica's picture for line. The icicle picture is really pretty and I wish I could capture something like this. I would like to know how she thought to take this and how she thought to choose that angle. Monica's picture really stood out to me because I have been to the place where it was taken. Off in the distance is Toronto and At dusk there is a beautiful view of the sun setting over the water. I love it there!

5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

I enjoyed this assignment. I thought it was very insightful. I would have probably never looked at other classmates blogs if I did not have to complete this assignment. It was interesting to see the different views of my peers and the different pictures they took. I admit, I looked at many other students projects, not just the two I used for the assignment!

6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

I have not recieved any comments on my posts yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment