Sunday, April 10, 2011

mask project

1. Upload the three (3) inspiration images to your Blog (or link to your Photobucket account). Explain why you selected the inspiration pieces.
2. Include the analysis and description (art criticism steps) of the three (3) inspiration pieces.
3. Upload images of your sketchs and finished piece.
4. Explain how you used the Elements and Principles in your finished mask.
5. Share your opinion of your finished mask and what you thought about creating the mask.


Inspirational Image 1
This mask was made out of rope. It has straw around the outside to look like a mane on a lion. The rope forms the face. It has opening for eyes and a mouth. The eyes are proportioned to eachother and it has balance. Both sides of the face are almost symetrical.The rope and strw give it texture and the eyes are shapes. I chose this one because I wanted to do a mask that had "hair" and sort of looked animal like.

This mask really interest me. It is a little creepy. It has two fingers coming down the side of the face. It has two small eyes and a mouth with sharp teeth. It also has feathers as hair. This one inspired me because it was so different and interesting. The carvings in the face is almost pattern like. It has shapes of triangles for the eyes and teeth. The feathers give it texture.

This mask is also very different. It inspired me to be creative and do whatever I wanted with my mask. It has big bulging eyes, long stragely hair, and big teeth. Its almost smiling but its a creepy smile. It shows emphasis toward the eyes. The mask itself is dark but color is used to draw the viewers attention to the facial features. The shape of the eyes are round. It has balance because it is symmetrical.



MY SKETCHES:




MY MASK:

My mask has balance. It is symmetrical and has unity because the colors are all browns so it pulls it all together. I used brown colors because I wanted it to look realistic and animal like. The shape of the eyes are ovals. The balls and feathers give it a soft texture. The feathers show movement because they go all different ways and look like they are wind blown. I really enjoyed this project. It was fun and thought it was cool to do aomething creative I have never done before. It took me a while at the art store to decide what supplies to buy to make it. I am happy with my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment