Tuesday, May 10, 2011

art criticism journal

1. Which projects did you review?
I reviewed Karen Hill's Paper or Plastic, Jamie Milligan's All the Small Things, and Dan Collin's The Art of Nature

2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?
I selected Paper or Plastic because I thought the title was catchy and it was a very different and creative idea.

3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?
At first I thought it was going to be difficult to write two pages on the exhibit because I wasnt sure if we were critiquing each piece or the exhibit as a whole. I thought that the curator was supposed to analyze and describe each art work so therefore I did it as a whole and was able to make it long enough byt not exceed three pages.

4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?
I dont really like to critique other people because I feel bad about saying things that I find that I dont like. I feel like I wouldnt want other students to think bad about my work therefore I dont like to say anything about theres. But, critquing is different because its more opinion and constructive than being destructive.

5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?
I wouldnt like to read a critque on mine.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?
9 I feel like I included everything that I needed to and I also painted a picture of the exhibit by describing it and if people only read the article without veiwing it, they would be able to picture it in their head.

7. Did you enjoy working on this project?
I did enjoy this project because it gave me a chance to see other students hard work on the big project. I know I put a lot of effort and time into my project so it was nice to see otehrs as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment