Saturday, May 7, 2011

art curator project

When we were assigned this project, I knew right away what my theme was going to have to do with nature. It wasnt until after I started looking for pictures that i decided how to set up the exhibit. As I was looking at the different artists' nature scenes, I liked how the artists had a variety of works. Artists didnt just pick one type of scene. So for the project I decided that I would use to paintings from each artists and they would be opposites of eachother. For example, if one was a winter scene, the other would be a summer scene, if one was a water scene the other would be a land scene etc. I thought this would give variety but also unite the paintings under nature. Instead of all painting being of one thing, i made sure there were opposites.

For my exhibit I hused white backgrounds and black font. This I thought would keep the attention on the painting rather be distracted by other things. I also used a font easy to read so the viewers experience would be as simple as possible. I bolded the artist name and italicized the title of the work. I also moved the painting around on each slide so it would give the exhibit a little variety as well, but not take aways from the works. I found all my painting from the AskArt link in the course resource file in angel, therefore I didnt post the website on each slide. I also used a couple photos of painting that I viewed while at Albright Knox.

I enjoyed doing this project because it gave me all the power and authority to do what I wanted. I could go any way I wanted with my exhibit and I was the creator and could used my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment