Sunday, February 27, 2011

art museum visit 1


 I found a connection with the artwork shown above, Winter. One thing I really enjoy is outdoors. I also love having and taking picture of outdoor scenery. I believe that winter, along with fall, is one of the prettiest times of year. When I saw this painting, I really wished I could hang it on my wall at home.



I also found a connection with the photograph above. Hockey and the sabres are on the type of my interests list. I love watching and going to games. My family is really big on hockey and a few family members play hockey, therefore it is a big part of my life.


I would really like to know more about this painting. It is of a servant girl, but the picture looks like there is so much more to it. The blocking out of her eyes might show that she has no identity. She also has a very depressed look on her face, in my opinion. I would like to know what inspired this painting.



This painting really caught my eye because of how unattractive the girl is. I then looked more and ihere was a monkey, which I thought was cute. Maybe there is a meaning to that, which is why I would like to know more about this painting.





This painting above really inspired me. This painting is done in all little splottches of different colors of paint. If you look close, you can tell in person. But in the picture and from far away, it is inspiring how tiny splottches of paint can create such a beautiful picture.




This exhibit room was a little creepy. I would like to know more about this work of art. The room was very empty but had a couple tvs with floating objects. Im not sure why it creeped me out but I also found it really unique and wanted to know more.



The picture above of this painting does not do it justice. I found this painting inspiring. Moses used techniques that really made the painting look like real velvet, it was very impressive. I almost had to go up to it and touch it to make sure it really wasn't.




This painting also inspired me. It looked very real and made me think about the concept of it. I thought back to the time of "indians" and thought how inspiring it was of them to do the primal things they did to survive. It really made me think how easy we have things now a days.



I found a connection with this painting, The Coming Storm. It is very dreary and even frightening. Sometimes, when I am having a bad day I can picture this to be my life. I sometimes feel like a big frightening storm is about to come and I need to relax and keep my head on straight.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed in your selection that you chose two of the paintings that I chose as well. The Monet painting and the winter landscape are good examples of the types of artwork that I enjoy. I really like most of Monet's work. They're very colorful and soothing in their appearance.

    ReplyDelete