Saturday, February 12, 2011

Project 1

Below I have listed the elements and princliples of art. I have also indicated which picture represents which element and an explanation of why I chose to portray it this way.

Form: For this element, I took a picture of the inside of a cup. It is 3-Dimensional and encloses volume.

Line: To show line, I took a picture of a desk drawer. It is an implied 3 dimensional picture. It has lines to show the outline of the drawer.

Shape: I took a picture of a ping pong ball to show shape. It is round and shows the shape of a circle.

Color: I took a picture of a poster I have that is very colorful. It is similar to Andy Warhol's Campbell Soup work. I thought that poster would work well for this project.

Texture: For this picture, I took a shot of my favorite blanket. It is very worn and torn, but I do love the texture of it.

Space: I have a picture of the cupboard door open. This I used to show the space between the doors.

Value: For value, I took a picture of a chair. The lightness and darkenss of the brown sheet shows the wrinkles. It sort of makes it like 3-dimensional.

Emphasis: To show emphasis, I took a picture of a label. The word lager is emphasized because it is larger and stands out.

Balance: For balance, I took a picture of my tv stand. I have three candle holders of about equal size and they are pretty equally spaced on the tv stand.

Harmony: I have a picture with 4 darts, two blue and two red. The picture is very simple because they are all the same objects.

Variety: To show variety, I took a picture of my bookcase. It has a variety of games and boxes of all different colors, shapes, and sizes.

Movement: To show movement in a picture, I used a person jumping. All you see is their feet in the air, but it gives the picture some excitment.

Rhythm: I used a picture of a dart board to show rhythm. The dart board has repeating colors and shapes throughout.

Proportion: With this picture, I gave a sense of the size difference between the two pop bottles.

Unity: I took a picture of three flowers. Seperately they make three flowers, but together they form a bouquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment