Saturday, February 26, 2011

logo design

1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?

1. While I was creating my logo, I was thinking about myself and my personality. It was sort of cool because I have never done something like this before and it was interesting to try to describe myself in one picture.

2. First I watched the videos and checked out the different websites that talked about logo designs and graphic designers. Then I did some brainstorming as shown in my picture. I thought of all the things I liked or enjoyed doing. I timed myself and those things listed were the things that came to me in 60 seconds. I thought that would give a good simple description of how I view myself. After that I started sketching, with no concrete idea of what to do. I finally picked my logo and made a hard copy in my favorite colors. The quote is a line from my favorite show, Jersey Shore. I love martinis and I am sometimes like a firework.

3. I realized that most of my likes that I thought of in 60 seconds were very materialistic. I really dont think that is a total picture of me looking back. I am very well rounded and care about school a lot more than those brainstorming ideas show. I am a hardworking A student, but I do like to have fun most of the time.

4. I never realized how much goes into a logo. The video of DAG and Blue Navy was very interesting. They must go through so many designs in order to get one hard copy. It takes a lot longer than I thought it would and the end logo wasnt even that involved, from the outside viewer that is. It had a lot of meaning to it and unless you really rearched it, most people probably will never know what it stands for.



No comments:

Post a Comment